30th March 2011
Oil, like in much of the world, is big business in Uganda. A purchase agreement between Chinese and French energy companies marks a new dawn for oil production in Uganda, a company executive said.
Tullow Oil announced that it signed a sale and purchase agreement with French energy company Total and state-owned China National Offshore Oil Corp. regarding the sale of a one-third interest to each party. Read more »
28th March 2011
Mineral rights can be described as the unseen value associated with a tract of land. Historically, land was transferred among owners with the royalty rights co-mingled with the surface rights. As oil and gas production began in the U.S., these rights started to be viewed independently. If mineral rights are severed, i.e. the process of separating mineral rights from the surface rights, a new and separate chain of title for the minerals begins. Read more »
23rd March 2011
BHP Billiton is buying shale gas assets from Chesapeake Energy Corp for $4.75 billion, pitting itself for the first time against oil giants and China in the battle for the fast-growing energy source in North America. Read more »
21st March 2011
- 18th June - More Liquefied Natural Gas being Exported
- 17th June - Senator John Barrasso: "Speed US Natural Gas Exports"
- 14th June - "Are Natural Gas Cars Next"
- 13th June - US Oil Production at Record High with Strong Market for Selling Mineral Rights
- 12th June - Should You Sell Your Mineral Rights and Royalties and Buy Marathon Petroleum?
- More Blog